In 2007, Hamleys were new to the world of eCommerce. A traditional high street retailer, they were keen to expand their iconic brand to the burgeoning online market. Looking for a partner who could deliver both the technology and the expertise to enable success online and across channels, they turned to the team at eCommera.
By early 2008, eCommera launched Hamleys’ first ecommerce site, enabling them to sell their own-brand products as well as third-party products via the online channel. In addition to products, the site also allowed users to booking for tours, birthday parties and sleepovers at Hamleys renowned stores across the U.K.
In 2011, eCommera went on to complete Hamleys site redesign in just three months. Aimed at improving conversion rates, the new design presented an updated the look and feel as well as a streamlined checkout process.
Today, Hamleys’ commerce solution includes:
- DynamicCommerceTM—our multi-channel commerce platform that supports international sites, with integrated product videos and customer reviews
- Multiple delivery options, including international delivery and Hamleys’ gift wrapping service
- Integrated OMS via Sterling Commerce
- Weekly data analysis and reporting for continuous optimisation by eCommera’s Insight Services Team
- Full 24/7 technical support for all online commerce technology via a single SLA.
Hamleys plans are now squarely focused on international expansion across multiple channels. A true feather in their cap, Hamleys were among the few retailers able to report growth over the 2011 Christmas trading season.
Working in close collaboration, Hamleys and eCommera continue to evolve and expand their multi-channel commerce operation to drive growth.
Hamleys has been an eCommera client since 2007.
Established in London in 1760, the Hamleys flagship store in Regent Street serves over five million customers each and every year. A popular tourist attraction in its own right, it remains the largest toy shop in the world and sells a wide range of items including soft toys, arts and crafts products, dolls, action toys, games, vehicles, and outdoor toys.