Internationally renowned cosmetics and beauty group, Clarins, planned an ambitious digital roadmap that included international web and mobile stores for its luxury beauty brands. Key for Clarins was the ability to support multiple sites while allowing them the flexibility and quality of service to maintain the integrity of each of their brands.
Turning to eCommera to drive their site development, we worked with Clarins throughout 2011, launching a record seventeen web and mobile eCommerce sites serving a global marketplace across Asia, Europe and North America. Together, we went on to implement what soon became a real customer favourite—the Clarins’ Beauty Consultation Tool, through which users create their personalised beauty regimes online.
Today, Clarins’ commerce solution includes:
- DynamicCommerceTM—our multi-channel commerce platform that supports international sites, with bespoke Beauty Consultation Service and Clarins’ own online reward programme
- Integration with multiple payment gateways, including Datacash and Global Collect, to support local currency preferences
- Integrated rich media including a video platform via Brightcove
- Weekly data analysis and reporting for continuous optimisation by eCommera’s Insight Services Team
- DynamicAction, eCommera’s patent-pending decision support tool, which analyses cross-departmental trading data and recommends specific actions to improve trading
- Full 24/7 technical support for all online commerce technology via a single SLA.
Today, Clarins is focussed on further international expansion across multiple channels.
“We have successfully launched or re-launched many brand websites in 2011, and are confident we will continue to do so in 2012. This agility is possible only because we invested in a partnership combining the Clarins Group, a single, powerful yet flexible, digital commerce platform, and the development and support expertise of eCommera. This combination means we have an excellent foundation to support all our brands, in all countries, on all devices with the ability to drive a range of initiatives like pure play eCommerce, drive-to-store and loyalty programs. We believe this is a strong asset for our brands.”
Laurent Malaveille – Senior Vice President of Digital, CRM & eCommerce at Clarins Group
Clarins has been an eCommera client since 2010.